[TriLUG] funny: MS ads on LinuxDOTcom

Tim Jowers timjowers at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 10:42:55 EDT 2007

I don't know but that's a funny one to me. The risk inherent in the Windows
ball-o-mud design is far greater than the Unix layers of simplicity. What
the state official is really saying is "I don't know much about technology
but I have an MCSE so have chosen MSFT". I talked with one senior IT
director with a state who's team had recommended open source email solutions
for the state. The State's VP of IT made the executive decision to keep
paying M$FT. Never mind that open source solutions deliver 2x to 10x the
email of M$FT products (far more if you disclude the old MSMail and look
only at Exchange!).

I'm happy and sad to see Microsoft doing this. I know its a waste of money
but am sad to see them wasting money advertising bad arguments rather than
investing in creating better technology.

TimJowers