[TriLUG] > >> If not, does anyone have any suggestions for an IDE RAID controller that > >> behaves well with linux? > > Re : IDE RAID Contoller

Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov
Thu Aug 30 12:29:36 EDT 2007

I've been using 3ware Raid cards (IDE and SATA) for 4+ years with multiple
linux distributions with no driver problems.  It does "just work" from my
personal experience.

Doug

> >> If not, does anyone have any suggestions for an IDE RAID controller
that
> >> behaves well with linux?
> >
> > 3ware Escalade 7006-2 implements RAID on the card and looks like a SCSI
> > controller to the OS.  http://www.weirdstuff.com/ has them used for
$25.
Doug Newcomb
USFWS
Raleigh, NC
919-856-4520 ext. 14 doug_newcomb at fws.gov

The opinions I express are my own and are not representative of the
official policy of the U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service or Dept. of Interior.
I left my signature file in /dev/null