[TriLUG] IM server solution for MS Messenger clients

jbrigman at nc.rr.com jbrigman at nc.rr.com
Wed Sep 5 09:31:38 EDT 2007

Matt, Cristobal, etc. are right - there's an embarrassing embarrassment of embarrassing riches when it comes to Open Source IM, and lots of compatibility.

Pidgin used to be GAIM...hence it is the studliest IM client ever was. MSN compatibility? Absolutely. Hoo Hah!

One comment: Test for compatibility with the infernal hordes of closed IM clients. GAIM wouldn't do file transfers with MSN or Yahoo IM clients.

JKB