[TriLUG] Configuration management

bak bak at picklefactory.org
Wed Sep 5 14:55:06 EDT 2007

+1 Magnus.

I've used cfengine to great effect for several years, at one point on a
100+ server environment, and as far as I'm concerned, when integrated
with version control for a central repository of configuration files
(like svn or what-have-you) it has no equal for sheer flexibility and power.

But don't use the file-editing facility.  It's satanically unpredictable.

--bak