[TriLUG] OT: RR Turbo in South Durham blocked ports?

Nick Goldwater trilug at dogstar1.com
Thu Sep 6 16:34:15 EDT 2007

----- "Brian Henning" <Brian.Henning at datadirect.com> wrote:
| Hi Gang,
|
| Is anyone on RoadRunner's Turbo service package in South Durham
| (around
| Southpoint) and can speak authoritatively on the subject of blocked
| [inbound] ports?

I live in South Durham and have never run into an issue of any kind. I have had TWC service since they rolled it out. I am hoping that Verizon will get moving on FIOS to start the price wars! I have heard that TWC is building up their infrastructure. Can anyone confirm this?
Thanks,
Nick

I've lucked out with all of my providers so far; no
| ports have been blocked, but now I'm moving into the aforementioned
| service area and signing up for the aforementioned service, and was
| just
| hoping for some pre-knowledge about what to expect.
|
| Cheers,
| ~Brian

-----
Key fingerprint = 91E7 F061 AD38 A8D8 E8EA  B218 BF1B 7124 5061 9232
http://dogstar1.com/ng.asc