[TriLUG] Rant: VISTA OMG PLEASE SHOOT ME

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Sat Sep 8 13:06:31 EDT 2007

On Sat, Sep 08, 2007 at 09:52:04AM -0400, Maarten Lippmann wrote:

> my 2 cents in the fedora/ubuntu wars.
>
> I would say Debian Etch Xfce as your desktop.
> But sometimes I think I'm the only triluger that doesn't use
> fedora/redhat or (k)(x)(?)ubuntu for a desktop system.

You can add me to the list of non-Fedora or Ubuntu users on my ( primary
) workstations.

I tend to use a somewhat stripped-down version of rPath Linux with IceWM
on my ( very underpowered ) ThinkPad, which is becoming my most frequent
work machine.  I am also running rPath Linux ( x86_64 ) on my primary
workstation.  Other, less used, machines run Ubuntu, Debian, TinySofa,
and mongrel Linuces.

Brian