[TriLUG] OT: stuff for sale

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 20:01:39 EDT 2007

Hi folks.  I'm still down sizing, so I have a few more things for
sale.  First, my LP (Latin Percussion) triple conga stand is still for
sale.  It is virtually new.  I'm also selling my Fender guitar amp, a
set of JBL speakers and a Mac Mini G4 1.5 PPC (the elusive 1.5) which
still has AppleCare.

Please catch me off-list for questions or interest in these items.  Thanks.

1.  LP (Latin Percussion) triple conga stand
This beauty has been used in only 2 performances.  It is virtually new
condition.  LP lists this product at $290, Guitar Center sells it for
$180.  Comes with all the additional hardware needed for your congas
to work with the stand.  Asking $140 or best offer.

http://www.turnpike420.net/~dmcdowell/triple_conga_stand.jpg

2.  Fender Princeton Chorus guitar amp (Made in the USA)
This amp is LOUD (110W, I think) and in good condition (only 1 small
nic that I can find).  There are two 10" solid state speakers, you can
see the front cover is removable, it has a foot pedal for turning
on/off distortion and the chorus effect, and a nice protective cover.
Check the pic for a closeup of the knobs/controls.  I believe the
original purchase price was $350.  Ebay shows complete sales of this
item between $175-260, so I'll go $175.  This is an early 90's model I
think, I'm the only owner.  I'll give you the serial num if you are a
serious buyer and want to do more research.  If serious, you can also
come buy and try it out, please bring your own guitar b/c I'm way too
protective of my new Ibanez.  :p

http://www.turnpike420.net/~dmcdowell/Fender_amp.jpg

3.  JBL surround speaker set (Made in the USA)
This set does not include a subwoofer, but the 6" cones in the main
pair do quite a good job if set in the room properly.  Some other
TriLUGgers can vouch for this that have seen movies at my place.
Anyway, I have upgraded to tiny satellite speakers and a more powerful
AV unit, so I don't need this set anymore, plus I'm afraid my new unit
might destroy them due to its really high power output.  The main pair
was $225 new, and the 3 piece surround set was $110 new.  I'm asking
$150 or best offer for complete set.  This is a really great set if
you live in an apartment and want enough bass, but not so much your
neighbors want to kill you, and good clean treble.  Those are 1"
titanium tweeters in the main pair.  They sound great, but are not the
system you want if you want your ear drums to shriek and walls to
shake.  They are 8ohm and not HIGH watt, I'm sure you can find the
numbers on the net.  I have a couple LONG pieces of thick monster
speaker cable you can have if you buy the set, trust me, it's enough
to wire the whole setup in an apt. sized living room.

http://www.turnpike420.net/~dmcdowell/JBL_speakers.jpg

4.  Apple Mac Mini G4 1.5 (PPC) - Apple Care valid through 10/3/2008
Again, I upgraded, I got a new black macbook so I just don't need this
computer.  It works great, I'll even put a brand spanking new fresh
install on it for you.  Comes with the 10.4 install DVD, I'm currently
running 10.4.10.  Here's the specs:
G4 1.5GHz (PPC), 512MB ram, 80GB HD, bluetooth, wifi, CD/DVDRW, -R,
-RW, +R, +RW, +R DL (yup, Dual Layer, that's the sneaky part about the
G4 1.5), 1 x Firewire 400, 2 x USB 2.0, 10/100 eth, 64MB ATI - DVI w/
DVI to VGA adapter, it pushes my Dell FPW2005 20" LCD at 1680x1050
with no problem.

http://www.turnpike420.net/~dmcdowell/MacMini_G4-1.5.jpg

Since the mac mini doesn't come with keyboard/mouse, I'm going to
throw in my Logitech set.  The mouse is the rechargeable Mx700.  The
keyboard uses batteries.  I haven't changed them in 2 years yet!  It
is an IR based system, 6 feet is your range.  I don't have a picture
of it, but will take one if you insist.  You are on your own for a
monitor.  Just checked eBay and wow, these guys are still going for
$380-390 without AppleCare.  I'll ask $350 since the AppleCare is
still valid for 1 year and you get the keyboard/mouse set too.

Thanks everyone, thought I'd start here since TriLUG does rock.  :)

laters,
David