[TriLUG] This one may have bombed for apple.

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Wed Sep 26 10:01:12 EDT 2007

Steve Hoffman wrote:
> As an Alumni NOT of the college of IST, it pains me to do this, but we
> always joked that IST stood for "I Suck at Technology"...as if the loss to
> Michigan this past weekend wasn't embarrassing enough...
>> Let's see their Drupal site:
>>
>> Main Blog Site : http://si.ist.psu.edu/pgsit/blogs)   -- Whoops 404

It's not unusual to see these little learning labs at big universities
try Drupal or Joomla or Wordpress on their own and then abandon the
sites the next week. All kinds of factors come into play in how that
happens (low hanging fruit, funding, communities not well suited to or
uninterested in content management, managed as a student project,
started as a pet project by a dean who heard Drupal was cool, etc.).

To make you proud of PSU, however, they have one of the most kickass
Plone development groups at a university in this country:

http://weblion.psu.edu/

They hang out on #weblion on irc.freenode.net.

--
Sincerely,

Chris Calloway
http://www.seacoos.org
office: 332 Chapman Hall   phone: (919) 962-4323