[TriLUG] Good Hosting company?

stan briggs stanbriggs at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 14:28:43 EDT 2007

all,

is there a reason that amazon's elastic compute cloud (amazon ec2) is not
mentioned in these conversations? this stuff is cool and not expensive and
you don't have to worry about fixing hardware and it only runs when you want
it to and you only pay for what you use ...

anyway, check it out:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html?node=201590011

there is a whole host (no pun intended) of services.

stan

On 9/28/07, Jeffery Painter <jeff_painter at ncsu.edu> wrote:

> I have used openhosting.com for almost 3 years now. Great support and it
> is run by a bunch of apache guys who really know their stuff. I believe
> they are moving over to CentOS but my setup is still Fedora based.

> Jeffery Painter
>
> Knowledge Engineer
> Semantic Technologies Group
> Statistical and Quantitative Sciences
> GlaxoSmithKline Research and Development
> > find it :(
> >
> > What web hosting company can you recommend? I have been using dreamhost
> > for 2 years and their service has been poor. I wish to switch my domains
> > to a different company.
> >
> > My requirements are that they must support ftp, http, and PHP/MySQL
> based
> > stuff like wordpress & gallery. Multiple ftp accounts would be nice,
> where
> > some users might be able to read-only, but a super-user could upload.
> >
> > wab
> > --

Stan B. Briggs
+1-919-414-9513
the oBoJ Foundation is the open source community coming together for the
benefit of society. our events and work are for the purpose of raising
awareness, raising funds, and performing activities for good causes.
participation is open to all who wish to support worthwhile public causes.
www.oBoJ.org