[TriLUG] Myth TV - need some pointers

bidwell bidwell at dead-city.org
Sun Sep 30 21:50:51 EDT 2007

Magnus wrote:
> bidwell wrote:
>>   ASUS M2NPV-VM AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6150 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
>> http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16813131014
>
> I've got this system board in my main workstation at home and I love it.
>  This thing is fantastic!  lmsensors is the only thing that doesn't seem
> to work 100% with this board.  But video, networking, firewire, USB...
> all 100% under Ubuntu Feisty & Gutsy.
>
> I've got mine paired with an AMD Athlon64 X2 6000+ and 4GB of RAM (and
> have room for 4GB more).
So far it's working great for me.  I wouldn't hesitate to get another
one.  To answer an earlier question Kevin had about heat buildup,
The case has 2 120mm fans on the side blowing across the MB.  The fans
have low, medium and high settings and it's working great on low.  The
hard drive and the PSU both have their own compartments.  I've got a
hard drive heatsink and fan that I purchased but I haven't had to put
that in yet.  The great thing is it runs silent.  My laptop is louder
then this thing.  Although the caveat is I used to play in bands
and do sound in clubs so my idea of silent maybe not be everyones.

Matt