[TriLUG] noob backup options?

Matthew West mattwestm at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 14:32:19 EDT 2007

When I backup my boxen, I usually make a tarball of my /home, /etc and
on servers, my apache root. I save all of these on an external hard
drive. I'm sure there are better ways of doing this, but the tarball
method is very simple and it works. I'm sure you could even make a
script that makes the tarball and transfers it to an external hard drive.

Matt West