[TriLUG] "Magic" navigation

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Tue Oct 23 12:17:23 EDT 2007

On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 11:04:13AM -0400, William Sutton wrote:
> No, I think I misunderstood you.  Can you embed achors (<A NAME=foo>) in
> each div and redirect to #foo (etc) when you expose it?

I thought about that, and maybe I don't understand a way around what I
see as the problem, so I hope that you do.

The way that I see it, the sequence of events is:

Draw page, including form -- form contains "action=me.php#target"

User clicks on button on that form

Page is re-served from Apache, and processing of the button click is
done, which results in new content being shown on the page.

At this point, we want to go to "newTarget", _not_ "target", as shown in
the "action" clause of the form, which was set "hours" ago.

Any thoughts?

B-)