[TriLUG] "Magic" navigation

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Tue Oct 23 15:44:37 EDT 2007

On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 11:37:15AM -0400, S B wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> Are you collecting any input data from the page apart from the button click
> ? If not, then maybe you don't need the form at all (at least for this
> 'navigation' part). Could you do something along these lines?

That's a good thought, Simon.  I hadn't thought of separating buttons
from buttons.  You are right, those buttons don't necessarily need to
be "form" buttons, as long as the navigation works.

I have had problems using "<button >" with certain browsers in that set
that we all seem to have to support, but perhaps with "onClick" events,
we can get around that.

Unfortunately, to answer another question, some of the sections of
"text" are actually data entry fields with associated buttons.  In fact,
none of them are actually plain text; they all have some PHP magic
happening, as well as the CSS visible/hidden stuff.

Brian