[TriLUG] Windows DHCP to ISC DHCP migration

Kevin Flanagan flanagannc at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 21:19:30 EDT 2007

I'd vote for the second option, stand up the new DHCP servers, and have them
start handing out addresses.  If you have a lot of reservations then you
will need to work on getting that out of the Windows servers, but I'd expect
that it can be done.

Lance is right, the DHCP server is who decides the lease length, the client
takes the lease, and checks back in 1/2 of the lease time to see if it can
keep the address.  I believe that ours are set for 60 minutes at work.

Kevin