[TriLUG] [Juglist] [ANN] OpenQabal - Open Source Social Networking & Collaboration Platform

Phillip Rhodes mindcrime at cpphacker.co.uk
Wed Oct 31 14:56:52 EDT 2007

Cristóbal Palmer wrote:
> How well will your project federate?

Perfectly, we hope. :-)

> That is, if I have an account with the stamp collection club, it would
> be awesome if that same account would work for posting, sharing links,
> etc. on the model train club site and vice versa.

Yes, that is the goal.  And further, if you have "friends" on one
site and a different set of "friends" on the other site, but
some common tag applied to certain members of both sets, it would
be nice to be able to start from either site (or your email client
even!) and say "send this message to all my friends tagged as "cooldude"
or whatever.

That kind of support isn't there yet, but that's the kind of thing
we're aiming for when we talk about federation and having an
"open social graph."  Of course that's just one example.  And if
you, or anybody else here, have other ideas for how  you would use
an "open social graph" I'd love to hear them. :-)

> How well will your project play with projects like noserub? [0]

In an ideal world, very well.  That said I only recently
discovered Noserub and have not had a lot of time to look
at what they're doing.  But if their goal is to
use a standard protocol for decentralization, then
it seems reasonable to speculate that it will be
possible for the two to interoperate.

TTYL,

Phil