[TriLUG] Best Live CD?

Ritesh Kumar ritesh at cs.unc.edu
Thu Nov 1 20:17:16 EDT 2007

Hi Maarten,
    I have used grub on knoppix for fixing MBR's on systems. It has been a
godsend at times :). I was referring to something more lightweight than
that. Basically,
 - insert live cd and boot
 - at the grub boot screen, press c to get to the grub commandline
 - boot into the machines linux installation with some cmdline parameters,
or use the on cd kernel (wow!) and boot into the machine's installation.

It is also useful if you are trying to boot into freebsd or windows
installation but cannot do it because of a corrupted MBR (which you don't
want to replace with grub).
I know this something very small but I have run into this problem more than
anything else :(

Ritesh