[TriLUG] Network Security Professionals

Reginald Reed reginald.reed at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 19:46:39 EST 2007

Another thing to consider is to apply any *ix skills you have along
with your security education to a test engineering position.  Test
engineers aren't considered "sexy" so often it is an easier position
to jump into.  With the ever increasing focus on security, put a
security slant on testing is significant.  At least it is at Cisco
Systems.  Also, don't fear being so long on the totem pole, there are
many test engineers at Cisco that do quite well salary-wise.

Just my nickle...