[TriLUG] Used Laptop

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Thu Nov 8 01:02:39 EST 2007

Dell still does this through their Dell Financial Services leasing arm.

http://www.dfsdirectsales.com

They have a quite large selection of used laptops with no operating
system (use the search function to filter out ones that come with Windows ).

For example, there is a Latitude D410 with 1.6 GHz processor, 14.1"
screen, 40G HDD, and 2GB of RAM for $470.  Not sure if that is
competitive or not.

I have bought two laptops from DFS in the past (primarily to avoid the
"Microsoft tax") and have been pleased, but it's important to consider
the computer will probably only last a couple more years at most.

--Jeremy