[TriLUG] Used Laptop

teisenmenger at charter.net teisenmenger at charter.net
Thu Nov 8 11:52:08 EST 2007

I don't think the price of a laptop is affected much whether or not an OS is installed.  When the original machine cost is depreciated 50-70%, the value of the OS is negligible at best since they are usually one, two, or even three generations behind what is considered to be "current".  Besides, you'll enjoy a greater selection of machines to choose from if you include Windows machines in your pool of candidates.

I say just buy an inexpensive used Windows notebook and take a special joy in wiping out its hd and ripping off the compliance sticker.  There - doesn't that feel great!??  Your new laptop will thank you for its newfound freedom!  :-)

Tom