[TriLUG] WPA Encryption in Ubuntu

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Tue Nov 13 23:10:46 EST 2007

 > How do I use WPA encryption in Ubuntu 7.10?

After reading this thread, I enabled WPA on my Linksys
router.  On my laptop, with Ubuntu 7.10 freshly-installed,
it Just Worked (tm).  I just used the gnome network manager.

I had a little more trouble getting it to work on another
laptop that was running Kubuntu, upgraded from 7.04 to 7.10.
The KDE menus did not offer WPA at all, just WEP.  So I
copied the /etc/network/interfaces from laptop #1 above,
and then it just worked (no "tm" on that one -- it took
too much effort).

Alan

.