[TriLUG] Newbie wanting to host web pages at home...

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Mon Nov 19 03:44:10 EST 2007

Thomas Moriarty wrote:
> Does anyone have a recommendation for a book for setting up a web server
> using Linux?  I want to use Apache on Linux...

Hi Thomas,

Perhaps you can give us a basic summary of your experience with web
servers, web development, server administration., to date, even if on
Windows?  E.g. if you're already familiar with the basics of web server
administration on Windows, or already know how to write HTML, you've got
the basic concepts down, and what you really need is some HOWTOs and
pointers.  But if you're not much of a computer geek and want to start
at square one, that's a bit different.

--Jeremy