[TriLUG] multiple instances of postfix

Cristóbal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 21:40:37 EST 2007

On Nov 19, 2007 8:57 PM, Chris Bullock <cgbullock at yahoo.com> wrote:
> my hurdle here is that my current mail server
> uses local authentication.  How can this server authenticate to the
> original without LDAP?

Hackish but should work assuming same distro & release for both
machines: have a cron job rsync /etc/passwd, /etc/shadow, /etc/group,
etc. etc. every 15 minutes from the master to the one out on the 'net.
Make your users aware of the potential 15-minute delay between a
password change and working remote mail.

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal M. Palmer
celebrating 15 years of sunsite/metalab/ibiblio: