[TriLUG] am2 mobo

Neil L. Little nllittle at embarqmail.com
Mon Nov 26 20:20:26 EST 2007

My requirements were similar to yours Jason.
I am in the last stages of receiving  the last components for the
workstation I am building (mobo/processor).
My choice of a mobo came down between  an MSI-k9n4-sli and an ASUS
M2N-E-SLI (ASUS was the final
choice combined with an Athlon X2 6000 processor).

My choice for these particular Mobo were partially driven because these
have 2 parallel ide ports I went this direction
because my number crunching showed I could build a work station cheaper
using pata drives instead of sata drives.

Anand Tech and Toms hardware spoke fairly positively about these mobos
as well.

Neil Little, WA4AZL
JARS Forever!!