[TriLUG] rm -r all my backups... oops

David Brain dbrain at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 20:37:41 EST 2007

I've used 'The Coroner's Toolkit' to retrieve deleted files in the
past (specifically rather vital and highly customized apache
configuration files), it's not entirely straightforward and takes some
time, but did work.  Not sure it would work in your case though, it's
best for small (ideally text) files that you know some characteristics
of.

http://www.porcupine.org/forensics/tct.html

David.