[TriLUG] Force network config question in custom kickstart

Roy Vestal rvestal at trilug.org
Wed Nov 28 09:35:15 EST 2007

I'm building a custom kickstart DVD for my company. We are using
kickstart over pxe but we have some server locations that pxe is not
allowed. Our post install runs over the network.  I need to be able to
force the network configuration to pop up and ask for the network
information (ip/netmask/gateway/dns). In RHL 7.3 and prior you could use
the network option --bootproto=query...but that seems to not work anymore.

Any ideas?