[TriLUG] porn spam problem

Cristóbal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 21:27:59 EST 2007

Somebody ported Bad Behavior[0] to phpBB2:

http://phsoftware.de/index.php/content/view/51/8/

I haven't tried it, but hopefully it could help you. I *have* used Bad
Behavior on my blog:

http://pebkac.homelinux.net/

And it seems to work really well. Anything that Bad Behavior misses
gets caught by Akismet. Between the two I never have to deal with blog
spam.

Cheers,
CMP

[0] http://www.bad-behavior.ioerror.us/

On Nov 28, 2007 4:51 AM, WA Brown <brownwa at ftc-i.net> wrote:
> I have a server and website. I am having a problem with robots trying to
> access the message board to load porn spam. Looks like captcha dont work. I
> get, on the average, 50 tries a
> day. It fills up my email and I have to delete all the entries.
> What can I do to stop this?
>

> WA Brown
> www.havenstead.net

Cristóbal M. Palmer
celebrating 15 years of sunsite/metalab/ibiblio:
http://tinyurl.com/2o8hj4