[TriLUG] ifrename in FC3?

Rodent of Unusual Size Ken.Coar at Golux.Com
Mon Dec 3 17:47:27 EST 2007

Does anyone still have a system running FC3 around?  If so,
could you tell me what this finds?

# find /etc -type f | xargs grep ifrename

I ask because in FC3, the network interface detection sequence
that ran when I slotted a PCMCIA network card ran ifrename
to give the ne interface defined in /etc/iftab for its hardware
address.  In FC5 and FC7, this no longer happens.

Or if anyone know where I can look see what sequence of scripts/actions
is invoked when a network PCMCIA card is slotted, that'd be great
too.  So far I haven't been able to find it, so my PCMCIA interface
*always* comes up with the wrong settings on insertion..
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"