[TriLUG] OT: A favor- Record phone call

Allen Freeman knieveltech at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 5 09:23:27 EST 2007

My sincere condolences for your loss. It's been years since I've done anything with phones so please take the following with a large grain of salt.

I seem to remember an old phreaker's trick where you splice in a microphone jack to the two wires leading to the speaker on a cheap handset. As I recall this could then be plugged directly into the analog recording device of your choice (tape deck being the standard method of the day, although the microphone jack on a laptop might work). If other more high tech methods aren't available I think this should work.