[TriLUG] OT: A favor- Record phone call

James Tuttle jjtuttle at trilug.org
Wed Dec 5 15:41:27 EST 2007

Hey,

Thanks to all who replied.  Ron Joffe did me a huge favor and now I can
allow my step-mother to erase and re-record the outgoing message.  I'm
sure she's grateful to you all also.  I'm investigating a couple of the
solutions that we're mentioned for longer term use, though.  My wife and
I have a bunch of messages we've left each other over the years we dated
and in our early marriage that randomly come up on her iPod and never
fail to make us smile.

Again, thanks so much,
Jim

James Tuttle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm writing to request a small favor.  I'd be very grateful if someone
> would record a wav or mp3 file from a phone conversation.
> Alternately, perhaps someone can clue me into how I might use my cell
> phone or computer to do it myself.
>
> My dad died recently and his voice is still on the answering machine at
> the house he shared with his wife.  I'm trying to get a copy of his
> outgoing message as that's the only recording of his voice that I know
> to exist.
>
> Thanks,
> Jim

---Jim Tuttle