[TriLUG] Get a router now! - Re: newbie needs help with IP setup, part 2: static IP?

Magnus magnus at trilug.org
Thu Dec 6 10:38:09 EST 2007

Jeremy Portzer wrote:
> I disagree with Magnus that you need to be running your own DNS and DHCP
> servers for this.

I'm not going to get in any kind of debate over this, but I do stand by
my advice.

Tom's getting a lot of good opinions and advice on this.  If he decides
he'd like to have dhcp and ddns services, I'm happy to continue to help
with that.

dhcp and ddns are my own preferences for establishing any new network
environment, large or small.  It works well for me.  YMMV.