[TriLUG] Anyone Recommend a Ubuntu Compatible Modem?

Neil L. Little nllittle at embarqmail.com
Mon Dec 10 22:37:40 EST 2007

US Robotics
I did a bunch of research on compatible modems and bought a US Robotics
modem when I built my "billy_bob" system.
I was still using dialup then.

It was only a year ago that DSL was made available by the telco and it
seems like a life time!

Oh by the way, if you wonder why not cable? When I was looking for a
house my response was that
if I can get cable I am WAY too close to town!
I digress....er...
Billy_Bob is a dual boot XP/FC4 system. I was able to use the modem
without installing any drivers. No problems there.

I had a site bookmarked what had a detailed matrix of  linux compatible
modems but that link is dead now. It's getting a little
harder to find this information.

I did find these links though:
http://www.math.sunysb.edu/~comech/tools/PCImodems.html
http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialHardware.html#MODEM