[TriLUG] wireless mice - avoiding mutual interference?

Jason Watts jsnonzzr at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 09:24:20 EST 2007

 I'm not sure about the mouse you bought... The one I have is a logi tech.
I have never seen it not work with Linux.  The OS both windows and Linux as
best I can tell treats it like a standard ps2 mouse.

My new one I haven't tried on nix but it is treated as a standard usb
mouse/keyboard.

I think based on observation but no research,  that the receiver
interpreters the signals from the mouse and converts it to the standard
input the PC would expect to see making the PC oblivious to the wireless
factor.

As far as the codes you were talking about, my mouse has a couple chanel's
that it works on... If they are both talking on the same chanel, you can
actually give conflicting inputs to the same receiver (you will just have
two separate mouses controlling the same pointer).  not sure about the blue
tooth mouses.

Hope this helps

enjoy

Disclaimer:   all my knowledge on this subject is based on observations and
logical conclusions.  I have never done any research.