[TriLUG] equivalent of debian's apticron in fedora?

Cristóbal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 14:01:12 EST 2007

Perhaps my google-fu is failing. I've also asked some knowledgeable
friends who haven't seen what I'm looking for either, so I figure I
should cast a wider net.

Here goes: I can't seem to find an equivalent to debian's apticron in
Fedora. My specific requirements are for a tool that:

    * shows what packages have updates available
    * shows what kind (eg. critical security, moderate security,
bugfix) of update each package is
    * checks at user-configurable intervals
    * sends mail at user-configurable intervals
    * includes changelog or similar info in the email
    * plain text. I don't want a GUI, nor do I need HTML prettification.

Does such an animal already exist? I've already had one person tell me
I should cook it up with the python yum module. I can't believe nobody
has done this already.

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal M. Palmer
celebrating 15 years of sunsite/metalab/ibiblio: