[TriLUG] so what does a 10 phone Asterisk system cost these days?

Kevin J. mrkevinj at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 1 09:12:10 EST 2008

"..it also has license costs out
 the whazoo"

Same goes for Nortel. That doesn't even get in to the very expensive, yet incredibly useless support contracts that keep you locked in to a perpetual cycle of proprietary software and hardware hell. We traded our entire Nortel PBX system in for a hosted VoIP solution using Polycom 501s because they seem to be the highest rated and work with just about any VoIP system with a simple settings change. I'd get off of proprietary platforms now while you can still get something for them, particularly if you're a SMB or non-profit.