[TriLUG] Wireless Connectivity

sholton at mindspring.com sholton at mindspring.com
Fri Jan 4 18:50:55 EST 2008

A quick question out to the experts.

I need to write-up a guide for a diverse set of newbies about how to get connected to a WiFi network from their computer.

Specifically, I need to explain things like setting-up (or removing) security, 64 vs. 128 bit security, configuring DNS settings, etc.

I expect to need to be able to guide the nearly illiterate through re-configuring a WAP and setting up DNS, etc.

Has anyone seen a guide like this on the web I could take a look at?

--
Steve Holton
sholton at mindspring.com
"Convenience causes blindness. Think about it."