[TriLUG] wireless mice - avoiding mutual interference?

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Sat Jan 5 18:41:09 EST 2008

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007, Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:

Heartened by my success with the wireless optical mouse
below (from Circuit City, because my son wanted that
particular type), today I bought another wireless optical
mouse (LabTec) from the local store (Intrex, who have served
me well over the years and who I support when I can). This
mouse requires you to press buttons on both the mouse and
the usb receiver each time you boot or reinsert the USB key,
for them to find each other. The button on the USB dongle is
recessed and small and requires you to stand up and look
over the screen and use a bit of agility. I didn't mind
doing this once for setup, but after that I expect them to
remember which channel they're on. I'll be returning this
mouse.

Joe