[TriLUG] wireless mice - avoiding mutual interference?

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Mon Jan 7 20:06:20 EST 2008

On Mon, 7 Jan 2008, Dave Sorenson wrote:

> This is why I do not shop at Intrex anymore. They don't
> stand behind the products they sell.

The guy I talked to today is new and doesn't know the
hardware well (this is not a good sign I'll admit). He just
thought I was returning it because I didn't like the way it
worked. The techie straightened him out.

I am sorry that no-one there ever knows if an item works on
Linux. I've given up asking now. It's not like they carry
such a large range of products that you couldn't test them.

> IMHO you should not have to fight a retailer to get what
> you paid for and if their products are DOA the buyer
> should not have to fight for an exchange/ refund.

Do you have another local place?

I'm as happy to buy off the internet for fungible items like
a WRT54GS as the next guy, but stuff I'm not sure of, it's
handy to have a relatively knowledgable set of employees and
a range of hardware to chose from. Saving 10% at a time is
OK till you get a bad purchase and then you're way behind
and it would have been better to buy locally.

I'd rather not buy at Office Max, Best Buy etc, because they
treat their staff poorly and the staff don't know anything
about the hardware. I'm happy to pay extra to keep alive a
local store that has some expertise in the product.

Joe