[TriLUG] wireless mice - avoiding mutual interference?

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Tue Jan 8 08:45:13 EST 2008

On Tue, 8 Jan 2008, Scott Chilcote wrote:

> Hi Joe,
>
> The prices at Intrex are low enough that they compete with
> online and mail order shops.

agree

> It's hard to see how they could include product testing
> for Linux without boosting their prices.  Of the two
> choices, I'd rather keep the prices low and do the
> research myself.

I come in there often enough that they could ask me to let
them know what I find, but they're not interested. When they
find, at the cost of customer agravation, that both their
LabTec wireless optical mice don't work and will not work
for any future customers, they have no interest in the info.

> When you compare Intrex to the other local retail options:
> Best Buy, Circuit City, etc., they start looking awfully
> good.  They don't try to rob you for the price of a DVI
> cable or other essential add-on.  I find that their
> employees give much better answers too.

agree.

In the absence of any other store, I'll go back, but they
could improve at little or no cost to them.

Joe