[TriLUG] bash script, motion, scp

Kevin Hunter hunteke at earlham.edu
Fri Jan 11 15:36:31 EST 2008

At 11:03a -0500 on 11 Jan 2008, James Tuttle wrote:
> My onsave.sh file reads thusly:
> #/bin/bash
    ^
Copy error?  No bang.

On a side note, if you don't need bash, consider using sh instead.  It's
smaller, and has the -e argument to immediately fail on the first error,
which is often the desired behavior.  Especially on longer scripts.

#!/bin/sh -e

scp $1 ...

> However, the %f doesn't seem to be expanding.  I get this error:

Scott mentioned checking $2.  Another tidbit: $* expands to all
commandline arguments.

As to your actual question, however, I don't use motion (yet), but my
$0.02 says the error is within the motion program or configuration.

Good luck,

Kevin