[TriLUG] Linksys long in the tooth?

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Sun Jan 13 21:53:56 EST 2008

 > I couldn't get to someone who could talk intelligently about
 > the problem (once I "admitted" that power cycling "fixed" it,
 > they didn't want to talk to me any further).

Yep... there's nothing like a period overseas to remind you that
customer service in the US-of-A is not so bad after all.

I assume you meant Aussie support.

In Singapore, everything you bought in a store had been
pre-opened.  I always wondered whether I was getting someone
else's rejects.  It might have been the "white man's discount"
(giving the broken crap to the guy who is obviously a foreigner).
But in a few cases, it was justified to pre-open the box.  For
example, DVD players had to be opened and configured for
multi-region playback, since Singapore does not fall nicely
into a single DVD region code.

Still, after haggling over a price, I was always left wondering
whether I had been ripped off.  And then getting home and opening
a pre-opened box, I was pretty much convinced that I had been
ripped off.

Alan

.