[TriLUG] Any ClearWire User Reports?

Jason Evans jason.s.evans at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 20:03:52 EST 2008

I've been using it for about six months now.  The price is right if
you don't mind the fact that it is considerably slower, at least where
I live, than the higher tiered DSL or Roadrunner packages.   I get a
solid 160kps download speed most times.  If my wife is using VoIP
(yahoo chat), it drops down to 60kps.  That is pretty slow compared to
service that I've got from other places.  The only other thing is the
service contract.  It's two years, and it's a pretty steep contract to
get out of.  Other than that, it's not horrible service.  The speed
has increased since I started using it and I would be interested to
see what kind of service the pc cards gets, though I doubt they
support Linux.

Jason

On Jan 12, 2008 9:22 AM, James Brigman <jbrigman at nc.rr.com> wrote:
> Can anyone give us some objective comparison and review information on
> how well ClearWire works in the triangle?
>
> They've got a pretty good special going on right now:
>
> 3 months free service
> $35.99 internet (1.5Mbps down, 256kbps up)
> $14.99 voip phone
>
> Experienced feedback solicited. Thanks;
>
> JKB

Best Regards,