[TriLUG] Advice on an ultra-light notebook

Andrew Perrin clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Wed Jan 16 13:46:47 EST 2008

It's getting to be time to replace my laptop, which is currently a Sharp
Actius PC-MM10. I like it a lot - particularly its extremely light weight
and ease of carrying. However, battery life is poor.  Any advice? I need
it to run linux competently and preferably have built-in both ethernet and
wi-fi. Built-in bluetooth would be a plus, but not an important one. Very
light and good battery life are the most important.

Thanks,
Andy

Andrew J Perrin - andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu - http://perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Associate Professor of Sociology; Book Review Editor, _Social Forces_
University of North Carolina - CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA