[TriLUG] Question from a basic linux user

Kevin Hunter hunteke at earlham.edu
Tue Jan 22 23:54:19 EST 2008

I apologize as you pointed out that you're a basic linux user.  What I'm
talking about is that each email message to a list includes a header
that reads something like:

These are how most conforming mail clients (read: email programs like
Thunderbird or Outlook Express) identify threads.  Thus, even though you
changed the subject, you were responding to the same thread.

If you want to verify this "header business", hit Ctrl+U when you're
reading a list message, and you'll see the complete and unprocessed
dialog that Thunderbird hides from you in normal view.

Kevin