[TriLUG] what could block port=3306?

Tom Roche Tom_Roche at pobox.com
Wed Jan 23 12:11:05 EST 2008

Alan Porter Mon, 21 Jan 2008 16:01:19 -0500 (rearranged)
 > I would set "bind-address" to 0.0.0.0, so mysql will listen on all
 > IP's instead of just one

Thanks! I got that advice WRT a different problem, and that seems to
be working.

 > It *could* be that the IP you're specifying in the my.cnf file on
 > lane does not actually match the machine's IP

But it wasn't: the fix turned out to be, after excessive twiddling :-(
`shutdown -fr`

 > (since it's cleaner to keep your external IP defined in one and only
 > one place, preferably in your DHCP server's config file).

Don't have one now, but I'm planning to do DHCP when I setup the
firewall (about which the consensus seems to be, m0n0wall).