[TriLUG] Question from a basic linux user

Scott G. Hall ScottGHall at BellSouth.Net
Wed Jan 23 12:47:21 EST 2008

James c. Jones wrote:
> Kevin,
>
> In other words, to create a new thread in thunderbird, I should click on
> write and enter "Triangle Linux Users Group General Discussion
> <trilug at trilug.org>" (without the quotes) in the "to area", go down to
> subject and enter a new subject line. Then proceed to write my email.
>
> If answering a thread, I can just click on reply and go to it, right?
>
> Thanks for the information. Should I redo my original question and
> create a correct new thread.
>
> jcj

You can approach it even easy than that -- to create a new thread in
Thunderbird,
just right-click on the highlighted-underlined "Triangle Linux Users
Group...", and
select "Compose Mail To".

In fact Thunderbird tries to highlight any email address it can
recognize in a message.
You can right click any of these and select "Compose Mail To" to send a new
message to that email address.

Of course you can elect to save TriLUG's email in your address book, and
just
click on the "Write" icon (or menu to Message->New Message) and just type
"trilug" in the "To:" field.  Thunderbird will interpolate this into the
fully expanded
form and you can just hit [ENTER] and tab down to the blank subject line.

Either way, you shouldn't have to type the whole thing in the To: field.

--
Scott G. Hall
Raleigh, NC, USA