[TriLUG] What filesystem would you use for a laptop?

Mike Shaw mdshaw89 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 10:07:18 EST 2008

I have been using JFS for a while simply because of performance - it seems I
get a better response from JFS than from EXT3.  I had used EXT3 for a while
to try out but went back to JFS because EXT3 seemed to be a little pokey.  I
could not tell any difference between the two as far as battery, CPU, etc.
goes.

As to why JFS over Reiser or XFS - 2 reasons. 1- JFS has been around a
while, and 2 - I work for IBM so I was hoping I would have better support
for any filesystem problems I would run into! ;)
--
"Google HR wants to hire the smartest people still dumb enough to be working
for somebody else." - Steve