[TriLUG] What filesystem would you use for a laptop?

Ron Joffe rjoffe at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 25 11:45:47 EST 2008

On Friday 25 January 2008 11:10, Magnus wrote:
> There is a significant possibility that ReiserFS future development will
> cease, leaving one with an unpatched and orphaned filesystem.  If you're
> the kind of person who likes running qmail, this may be okay with you.
> But it is something to be aware of.

The link talks mainly about ReiserFS V4. V4 is almost a complete re-write from
V3. I agree completely that the future of V4 is in jeopardy, however we
specifically utilize V3 which is maintained by the distro itself (SuSE in our
case). ReiserFS V4 is not in the standard SuSE Distribution (SLES) which we
utilize.

Ron