[TriLUG] Catalyst framework

Lance A. Brown lance at bearcircle.net
Thu Jan 31 12:54:10 EST 2008

Owen wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 12:12:47PM -0500, Michael Alan Dorman wrote:
>> On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 11:35:04 -0500> Owen <oberry at trilug.org> wrote:
>>> What are the negative things people say? All I've seen so far is the
>>> complexity of the installation due to the number of modules.
>> Well I don't see any of that because I use Debian, so installing
>> catalyst is 'apt-get install libcatalyst-perl'.
>
> Yeah, we're running Red Hat, so I think it would be more of a pain to
> install onto our production servers. Thanks for the feedback.

The DAG rpm repo appears to have reasonably-up-to-date Catalyst RPMs:

http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/perl-Catalyst-Runtime/

Between the base repo and DAG you might be able to cover all your needs.

I'll have to investigate this further for myself.

--[Lance]

--
  Celebrate The Circle   http://www.celebratethecircle.org/
  Carolina Spirit Quest  http://www.carolinaspiritquest.org/