[TriLUG] Free Digital DEC 3000/400

Charles Fischer fischer at 4pi.com
Mon Feb 4 12:30:44 EST 2008

Yes, this vintage Alpha system, one of the first two Alpha models is
free for the taking.  The last time I tried it, it worked.  Keyboard,
mouse, CD (Sony external 1x speed SCSI), monitor (Sony 21 inch I think)
and all sorts of licenses from DEC and Compaq.  I am going to keep the
old SCSI disks, because I have not had time to reformat them.

I have had trouble letting this one go.  I paid about $22,000 for it,
and that was with a 38% developers discount.  My new car did not even
cost that much in 2004.

So if you have a museum in your basement, this would be a fine addition.

One word of caution, I live in a third floor apartment, and both the
system and the monitor are heavy.

If you want this beast, please e-mail me at PLCFischer (At) nc (d0t) rr
(d0t) com

Thanks
Charles Fischer