[TriLUG] LVM questions & recovery

James c. Jones jonesjc at intrex.net
Mon Feb 4 20:38:16 EST 2008

Today my webserver went down. When I started it back up, it could not
get past grub!

The two lines for starting fedora 7 are as follows ( copied by hand --
so may not be exact):

Kernel /vmlinuz 2.6.23.1-21.fc7 ro root = /dev/VolGroup00 rhgb quiet

Kernel /vmlinuz 2.6.23.1-3194.fc7 ro root = /dev/VolGroup00 rhgb quiet

Selecting either gives me a file not found error 15

Gparted shows two partitions, the second being a LVM with error -- file
system unknown. I get a similar message when I attempt to mount the
second partition in another linux pc running ubuntu.

Please someone point me in a recovery direction!

Thanks

jcj